Everyone’s favorite snack dinner just got a smoky upgrade with the addition of warm, chocolaty mole sauce. The chicken gets a rich braise in the Instant Pot, making for an extra-tender topping for chips. Serve with all the fixins—fresh avocado, salty Cotija cheese, and spicy-sweet candied jalapeños—to finish this feast-worthy favorite out. You can make the chicken mole ahead of time and add to the nachos just before serving.
Mexican food is one of the most exotic combining both taste and relish with health. From tacos to the very famous chipotle burritos, Although most Mexican cooking involves a dedicated pantry to itself, but it still doesn’t mean that you can not have your taste buds explode with raunchy sauces. In fact, if you want have been waiting to try about a really appetizing Mexican recipe which won’t involve thousand steps of cooking and will manage to win you over, then you must gather yourself for the shredded chicken mole nachos. It is a perfect fit for those sudden movie nights and snack hours, and will take only 45 minutes of your life to get ready.
- 1 dried Ancho chile
- 1 small, chopped yellow onion
- 1 can whole tomatoes (no-salt-added)
- 2 canned Chipotle peppers
- 2 Tablespoon Adobo sauce
- 1 ounce finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons almonds (toasted and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 pounds or 6 chicken thighs (with bones)
- 1 pkg. multigrain tortilla chips
- 1 ounce candied, chopped jalapeño chile slices
- 2 tablespoons Mexican crema
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium-size chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges (for serving)
1.Take a bowl of hot water and take the dried ancho chile to dip it in. Let it stand for 10 minutes. After that, drain it and remove the stem and seeds of the chile.
2. Add the following ingredients into a blender and add in all the following ingredients- chili, chopped onions, chipotle peppers, two tablespoon adobo sauce, chocolate, almonds, raisins, cumin, salt and cinnamon. This will be the main raunchy mole sauce. Blend until perfectly smooth and set aside.
3. Put the following into Instant Pot and add in the chicken thighs. Pour over the blended mole sauce over the chicken. Toss your chicken in it to make sure its fully coated, so that your chicken can turn out flawless and delicious.
4. Lock the lid of the Instant Pot and seal the pot. Select the manual mode for cooking, and then hit 15 minutes mark on the high pressure function. After 15 minutes, perform a quick release action by wasting no time in turning the pressure valve to venting position.
5. After the quick release, remove the lid and take out the chicken from the cooker. Once it cools down, begin removing the bones from the thighs and shred the chicken.
6. With the sauce still in the pot, select the saute function on lesser heat and cook the sauce. The consistency of a mole sauce is supposed to be thick, therefore occasionally stir to check. Once your desired thickness is achieved, add in the shredded chicken and cook for 1 minute, so that the shredded chicken can further cook and warm up.
8. Now for the baking part, spread your tortilla chips on the aluminum foils. Top the chips with the chicken mixture, the delicious mole sauce, jalapeno slices, crema, cheese, avocados, radishes and cilantro. Add the tray to a pre-heated oven (to about 375 degrees F) and bake till the cheese melts. Now you can serve now with lime wedges and amazing drinks, Congrats!!!